The Membership (Exclusively for TV Newsers)
Get ongoing coaching, networking, and skills as you strive towards your dream market and dream life!
Imagine what it would be like if:
- You had direct access (through a weekly Zoom call) to movers and shakers in the industry, from Talent Executives to News Directors to EPs to Anchors and Reporters in top markets to network and make connections with, ask questions and get answers about your career.
- You had a "fairy news godmother" to coach you and give you valuable feedback (gained from years in top markets and at network) on your stories, your reel, and your career strategy every month so you can get closer to your dream market.
- You receive tips and support to help you be more conversational, confident, a better writer, and ace your live shots, plus feedback on your reel so you can make the best impression with News Directors so you can land your dream job.
- You get to beta test coaching courses for free and receive member discounts on Debra's flagship TV news course and other events.
- You get access to one (1) monthly Group Zoom Call where do a deep dive into a specific aspect of news reporting, MMJing or anchoring.
I was a high school dropout, with no connections in TV news.
Through hustle, positivity and persistence, I put myself through college and worked my way up to be a reporter in a top 30 market.
But...I had always wanted to work in NYC. It took an “aha moment” for me to realize the only thing holding me back was ME. In short, I got the F out of my own way and into my dream job.
From there, I became an anchor in Washington, D.C., a correspondent at a network, met my husband and rescued the sweetest dog ever.
Once I realized my dream life, it got me thinking, what if EVERYONE had the tools to get what they want in life?
Here’s the thing: I know I could have made it to my dream markets quicker - years quicker - if I only had a “me” to guide me.
That’s why I’m here to show YOU how.
Here's what comes in The Membership:
- One 10-minute Power Coaching Call a month with Debra. You get advice on anything - from your reel, to your recent work, to navigating office politics or career questions to any area you want a breakthrough in.
- Weekly Zoom calls with movers and shakers in the industry, from EPs to NDs to Producers, Anchors and Reporters in top markets.
- Access to Debra's exclusive private "BE POWERFUL" Facebook Group, where you can watch past Zoom calls and get tips, support and inspiration.
- One Monthly Masterclass via Zoom where we review stories, answer questions, learn from special guests, or do a deep dive into a specific aspect of news reporting, MMJing or anchoring.
- Member discount for Debra's Digital Course: "Two Weeks To Top Ten TV Market Confidence On Air" and other events.
- Your first month is FREE with the code FIRST-FREE (click on "Add Coupon" on next page
Why The Membership? Because if Debra can navigate the TV news industry and land herself a job in the number one market and at network by herself, she can help you too.
At $29/month, this costs far less than what you'd pay an agent. If you're not ready to make the agent commitment and want to grow your skills and take the next step in your career, this is the group for you!
"Debra is the mentor, coach and cheerleader everyone needs in their newsroom. But you won’t get this kind of feedback at your station. Your colleagues are busy, and to be honest the pointers Debra has are probably ones people around you haven’t heard before."
- Laura Simon, Morning Anchor, 5News
"If you want to learn how to conquer the streets of major markets and write and speak like a pro, then listen to Debra!"
- Allison Kaden, Reporter, PIX 11 News
"Debra Alfarone's coaching advice is invaluable. She has helped me feel more confident in my journalistic abilities. She is passionate and takes the time to understand one's aspirations to help them achieve that goal."
- Sierra Fox, Reporter/Anchor, ABC 8News
"There are NOT many things that are tailored to journalists that are affordable and ACTUALLY HELPFUL. This is both!!
- Bria White, Former TV Journalist, Marketing & Communications Consultant